3.06.2007

Odds and Ends


Since there's finally a steady amount of people coming to this thing, I figured I should make a little post updating some crap.

That monthly 25 thing we did was real fun, but it should be better. That thing was like 65% of our potential. Straight C - type stuff. We are currently tweaking the formula so next month's will be a lot better.

Once I post #81 (which should be later on tonight or tomorrow afternoon, depending on how lazy I get after band practice.) on the EWA100 countdown, I'm going to do a bulk file post for the 20 songs that have already been featured, since a few of the links might be dead, and anyone new to the site can DL all of them in one click if they feel like it.

Also, I know it seems like it's taking forever to post a simple top 100 list, but we're still in the process of writing it. Right now, we're about 20 entries ahead of what's being published on this site. If you couldn't tell by our writing, Raven and I are both cranky bastards, and sometimes we abondon things for a minute because of the crankiness and the internet machine slowly crushing our souls. Once we actually finish with the writing, the entries will be posted up a LOT faster. I really don't want this thing to take an entire year to unfold, even though I really have nothing big planned after it's over, and I have no idea what I'll do with the site once it IS over. I'd be fine with just ripping my records, writing a little bit about them, and uploading them here, but for some reason, ripping records is a real strenuous task for me. Big props to all the sites out there that do that stuff regularly. Just dividing up the tracks and doing the ID3 tags makes STD tests seem appealing to me. Even the kind where they stick a cotton swab in your weiner.

In case you missed it, and you probably did, I did a little mix thing at the beginning of the year. It was originally for this annual grab bag we have up here, and at the time I just got Audacity and wanted to see what I could do with it. It's REALLY crude and total Pause Tape style for you old fuckers out there who remember making Pause Tapes. I'm in the preliminary stages of working on a second mix, meaning I have some ideas in my head, but haven't ripped any vinyl yet. Now that I've learned you can basically use Audacity like a 4 track, this new mix will be a bit more fancy, and probably ten times as goofy.
I never posted a track list for the original mix, so here's the tracklist, along with the link to download. Yes, there's lot of goofy shit on here, but like 75% of my record collection is goofy shit, because I'm not all about Ice Grillin' people 24/7/365. Records are the perfect medium for me because a lot of goofy shit got released onto record that never made it into the digital age due to how stupid the stuff was.

Dumpin.net Mix vol. 1 - Kung Fu

Logan's Run soundtrack - Dome Theme
Break Machine - Street Beat
Rodney Dangerfield - Rappin' Rodney
Fred Blassie - US Male
Junkyard Dog - Grab Them Cakes
Full Force - Take Care of Homework
Bobby Brown - Roni
Blowfly - Shake Ya Ass
Mico - Star Wars intro
Andy Gibb - Trash
Roy Ayers & Ubiquity - Starbooty
A terrible song from the Psycho III soundtrack
Shelter - Shelter remix
Hi God! - Hi God!
Sistah Souljah - The Final Solution: Slavery's Back in Effect
Richard Simmons - Wake Up
Culture Club - White Boys
Sammy Hagar - Winner Takes it All (Over the Top theme)
Dio - Hungry For Heaven (from Vision Quest)
Some ridiculous Fight Rock song from the Savage Streets soundtrack
Little Marcy - Jesus Loves Me (Little Marcy is this lady who sings through a puppet of a 6 year old girl.)
Mike Dikk - Me playing the first stage of Kung Fu for NES and beating the shit out of it.

Download this abomination right here

It's around an hour and 11 minutes long. 65 MB.

I wanted to write a little something about all the links in my sidebar to give them a little promotion, but they're in my sidebar and easy enough to click on, so maybe some other time if I get real bored. Briefly, a couple are record labels, one is a screen printing company, most either have to do with local Albany shit and others have to do with either blogs dedicated to uploading music or blogs that write about music. Anything else is basic Slice of Life type shit that I'm into.

If you have a link to my site on your page, please tell me so I can be a great person and return the favor.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Rickey Henderson for taking time out of his busy schedule to leave a comment on here. I know it's hard bein' Rickey, and Ricky be Rickey, so I really appreciate it. Now I just need to reference World B. Free somewhere so he can show up too.