9.16.2007

Special Report: Give me the Phantasm Soundtrack


Here's the deal. I've been looking to own this record for about eight years now. I blew my chances of owning a physical copy back in the early 00's when it was going for $20-$30. Despite the fact that no one buys new CDs anymore, collecting records has managed to persevere and has made a lot of records completely hard to afford. The last time I saw the record on Ebay, I went beyond my normal $25 maximum limit on a record and went up to $32, and the final price finished somewhere over the $70 mark. I am not that hardcore into record collection where I'm about to drop that much money on one record, and it's to the point where the CD sells for $20 at the absolute lowest, which is ridiculous.

I have finally come to the realization that I will never physically own this record. Now I will settle for an electronic copy. Unfortunately, even that's hard to come by. I remember getting an almost full version of the soundtrack from the old Audio Galaxy site back in the day, so I know it exists in electronical format.

So if any of you out there are currently hiding the Phantasm Soundtrack on your hard drive, please hook a cracker up, upload it, and send a link my way. I understand that this isn't a Dorky Nerd Soundtrack blog, but I'm hoping someone out there likes dorky nerd Soundtracks like me. I know it's still a long shot, but a nice fellow from that San Pasquale Ent. blog hooked me up with the Giorgio "Son of My Father" record, so I know blog dreams can come true.

Thank you for your time. Any of your help will be appreciated.